Projects Lorraine completed as your State Senator Completed in District 4Major Hilo Harbor Pier RenovationsKailua Pier and Huliheʻe Palace RestorationTraffic Lights on Queen K Hwy at Waikoloa Beach Earthquake RepairsHale Ho‘ōla Hāmākua North Hawaiʻi Education and Research CenterLaupāhoehoe Band RoomHamakua Coast Bridge RepairsNational Guard FacilityHilo Airport new cargo FacilityCourthouse in Hilo and KonaUH Hilo New buildings
Senator Lorraine Inouye’s contributions to our island’s quality of life are significant!
This is what experience as a public policy maker looks like...
- As Mayor, she built from scratch an enhanced E-911 system– Hawai’i Island was the only one without 911 coverage for islandwide life safety.
- Secured funding to significantly renovate Kailua Pier.
- As Mayor, Lorraine secured the donation of an emergency rescue helicopter for South Kohala Fire Station paid for by the private sector.
- Secured approval of Prince Kuhio Mall, generating funds to help the cash-strapped Department of Hawaiian Home Lands to be able to award more leases to its beneficiaries.
- Secured a land donation from Waikoloa Land Company for both construction of a much-needed public school and affordable housing in Waikoloa Village.
- Secured approval of a $2 billion statewide airports improvement and modernization plan – working across the aisle with then Gov. Linda Lingle’s administration.
- Initiated the first self-help affordable housing project in North Kohala.
Copyright 2018 | Political Site and Advertisement Paid for by Friends of Lorraine Inouye| 215 Paukaa Dr, Hilo, Hi 96720